5 Best Vacuum Cleaners for Shag Carpets
Shag carpets add a luxurious and comfortable feel to your living space. These carpets are perfect for lounging and doing multiple activities. Shag carpets can be tough to maintain as they seem to absorb dust and dirt particles. To ensure your carpet is clean, a strong vacuum cleaner is essential.
We have found the five best vacuums to make cleaning easy and breezy for you. We have selected these models based on their suction power, filters, dustbin size, maneuverability, and overall weight.
Hoover MAXLife Pet Max UH74110 – Best for pet parents
Hoover Pet Max is a bagless vacuum that has a strong suction power. This vacuum works miraculously in cleaning pet hair or dander. Its high suction power coupled with the brush roll makes it ideal for shag carpets. The vacuum also has a HEPA filter which traps pollen and other allergens, keeping your house clean and safe.
The vacuum has a massive dustbin with a capacity of 2.5 liters. This reduces the rounds to empty the bin during cleaning sessions. The vacuum has a cleaning path of 14 inches and has a 30 ft cord. However, the cable limits the cleaning area compared to other cordless versions. The vacuum has four height levels and a handheld pet pool for added cleaning.
This model also has a thermal protector which regulates the vacuum function and turns it off when it gets too hot. This feature promotes a long machine life. Although an incredible model in terms of efficiency and suction power, this vacuum is cumbersome, making it challenging to move around on shag carpets.
- Strong suction power
- Effortless cleaning of pet hair
- Large dustbin
- Multiple height levels
- The vacuum has a cyclonic suction system which results in powerful suction. This ensures no dust particles are left behind, resulting in a squeaky clean surface.
- This vacuum efficiently picks up hair and dander from carpets and hardwood floors. The brush roll has an advanced system that prevents hair from wrapping up in the bristles.
- Apart from the HEPA filters, which are ideal for people with allergies, this vacuum has a carbon layer in its filters. This odor-absorbent layer removes any funny smell left behind by your pets.
- The vacuum has a thermal protector that automatically switches off the device when overworked. This feature protects your device from overheating, which can damage the vacuum leading to a hefty repair cost.
- Bulky design
- Not a cordless design
- One drawback of this vacuum is its bulky design. It can be a hassle lifting this device, and sometimes it takes a lot of effort to move around on carpets.
- The vacuum isn’t cordless, so you need a power source near the cleaning area to operate. The cable is extended, which can also get tangled or stuck.
Dirt Devil Endura Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner, UD20124 – a lightweight solution
Endura reach is a perfect option for people living in small apartments. This vacuum has a strong suction power which removes dirt or debris trapped in shag carpets. The brush roll head can work best on the mat and hard floors to be a perfect all-in-one option. However, the brush roll doesn’t have an automatic cleaning function, making it not the best choice for pet owners.
Endura has a cyclonic filter that makes it easy to trap dust particles. These filters can be cleaned easily with water and trap allergens very easily.
The best thing about this vacuum is its lightweight design. This makes it very easy to lift and move around. The vacuum also comes with a detachable crevice tool which is perfect for cleaning corners and hard-to-reach spots like spaces between seats.
The vacuum is suitable for tiny homes as it has a comparatively short cord of 20 ft. the dustbin can store 1.5 ltr and is easy to empty.
- It comes with an extension wand
- Lightweight design
- Strong suction power
- Ideal for shag carpets
- The vacuum has a decent cord length and an extension wand. This extension wand makes it easy to reach corners and places under furniture. The vacuum also has a couple of accessories that result in holistic cleaning.
- The vacuum is very compact and lightweight. This design feature increases its maneuverability resulting in smooth sailing over shag carpets.
- It has a strong suction power, relatively higher for the price range. The suction power is highly effective on carpets as the brush digs deep in the bristles so that no dust particles can escape.
- Not suitable for pet parents
- Short cord and small dustbin
- This vacuum is unsuitable for pet parents as the brush is not self-cleaning. Moreover, there is no attachment for pet hair, making it difficult for the vacuum to pick up pet hair.
- This device doesn’t come with a large dustbin. The capacity is much less than its counterparts and sometimes requires extra cleaning effort.
Bissel 2252 bagless vacuum cleaners – An affordable solution
Bissel vacuum cleaner is a budget-friendly option with all the essential features you need for your home needs. This vacuum has a triple action brush roll deep in the shag carpets to find any pet hair or dander stuck. This feature makes it ideal for pet owners who are always worried because of messes.
The vacuum has a swivel technology which makes it suitable for cleaning carpets. Its lightweight design, coupled with the swivel feature, will clean your carpets, ensuring no spot is left dirty. The light body makes it easy to lift and move around.
The vacuum has a long cord of 30 ft, making it easy to m=clean multiple rooms. It also has a bottom opening dustbin which is easy to clean as you don’t have to touch the dirty waste.
- Easy maneuverability because of the swivel feature
- Lightweight design
- Affordable option
- Ideal for pet owners
- The vacuum has a lightweight design which facilitates its maneuverability. It also has a swivel feature which makes it easy to clean corners and glide in areas without bending too much. This feature is great to protect you from backaches after cleaning rounds.
- This vacuum is a perfect carpet cleaner with a carpet height adjuster feature. This helps you choose the height based on the thickness of the carpet. With this vacuum, you don’t have to worry about bristles getting stuck in the machine.
- It is ideal for pet owners because it has a specialized tool for pet hair. This tool is designed to pick up dander and fine hair that your pets shed everywhere!
- The vacuum is easy to manage and wrap up. It comes with an auto-retractable cable which saves time manually putting the cord in. moreover, the dustbin can be emptied directly into your trashcan without much hassle.
- It can get noisy
- This vacuum can be very noisy. You must be prepared not to hear any sounds in the nearby areas when the device is operating.
- The vacuum lacks the HEPA filter, making it unfavorable for people with allergies.
Shark Vertex AZ2002 Upright Vacuum – ideal for deep cleaning
Shark Vertex is on the pricier end, but it is worth your money. This model is regarded as the best by the shark because of its powerful suction ability. Coupled with it are the power fins that clear up dust and debris together. The power fins dig deep in your carpet and deliver excellent results. The vacuum has a self-cleaning brush roll, ideal for pet owners.
The shark vortex also has a HEPA filter which keeps your living space free of pollen and other allergens. Although ideal for carpets, the vacuum has a lift-away feature which makes it suitable for cleaning staircases or sofas simply by detaching the part from the primary device.
Vertex is a cumbersome vacuum which makes it challenging to lift. However, it has a long cord of 30ft to clean large areas in one go. This model is a one-time investment and is ideal for big homes with pets and other complex cleaning requirements.
- Strong suction power
- HEPA filter
- Ideal for pet owners
- Self-cleaning brush
- This vacuum comes with a DuoClean Brush roll which combines soft bristle and rubber bristle. This combination leads to powerful suction on all floor types.
- The vacuum can remove dirt particles of all sizes.The vacuum is ideal for carpets as it has two separate modes for low pile and high pile carpets.
- The brush pulls out all sorts of dust and dirt particles from the carpet, leaving you with a spotless surface.
- The brush roll has a self-cleaning feature, so you don’t have to remove hair wrapped up manually.
- Very heavy
- This vacuum is on the pricier side. It is one of the most expensive shark models, so it is important to budget before purchasing.
- Packed with a strong motor, this vacuum is cumbersome. It can be a task to lift it or move around between rooms.
Makita XCV09PT vacuum cleaner – for heavy-duty needs
The Makita backpack dry vacuum kit is an absolute powerhouse. It has a strong suction power which will clean your carpets to the core, leaving behind no dust particles. The vacuum is quiet and has three-speed levels. The vacuum has HEPA filters t ensure safe cleaning and protects your home from allergens with its multi-level filters.
This vacuum is lightweight and is supposed to be used as a backpack. It has a battery life of 116 minutes and comes with two rechargeable batteries. It has a large dustbin with the space of holding 0.5 gallons of waste!
Although this model will make your home squeaky clean, it is ideal for bigger homes or multiple stories as it is a heavy-duty model.
- Brushless design
- Quiet operation
- This vacuum is meant for intense cleaning. The vacuum is ideal for commercial setups with indoor carpeting. The vacuum has strong suction, which will make your office space spot accessible.
- Although heavy-duty, this vacuum is tranquil in its operation. You wouldn’t have to worry about disturbing people on the floor during the cleaning exercise.
- It comes with padded shoulder straps, making it easy to carry during cleaning rounds. The vacuum is very lightweight so that it won’t give you a strain on the shoulders or back.
- More Expensive
- Not as suitable for smaller homes
- This vacuum is also expensive compared to other vacuums on the list.
- This vacuum is not meant for you if you have a small home. Although excellent performance, the vacuum is designed for commercial usage.
These are the best vacuums for shag carpets. Each model has unique features to keep your shag carpet in the best condition and ensure your living space looks perfect.
Share This Article:
5 Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors
5 Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors Hardwood floors add a chic and modern look to…
5 Best Vacuums for Tile Floors
5 Best Vacuums for Tile Floors Tile floors can be high maintenance since dust and…
5 Best Backpack Vacuums
5 Best Backpack Vacuums Backpack vacuums are a modern alternative to the traditional style, making…
5 Best Vacuums for a Cleaning Business
5 Best Vacuums for a Cleaning Business If you have a cleaning business, you…
5 Best Vacuums Under $300
5 Best Vacuum Cleaners under $300 There are so many vacuums that finding the…
5 Best Vacuums for Vinyl Floors
5 Best Vacuum cleaners for Vinyl Floors If you are concerned about maintaining and cleaning…